Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Edit


The title of my project is "The process of Life." ...
The title of my project is "The process of Life." I chose to do a photo essay because I enjoyed John Berger's photo chapters in his book, "Ways of Seeing." Also, I knew that I would be capable to express my emotions and perception on life in a better way with the photo essay. First, I could not decide which assignment to choose (photo shop picture, photo essay, or comic strip). I sat with a brain fart for at least fifteen minutes after given time to work on the assignment in class. Then I began to narrow my choice between the photo essay and the photo shop picture. I knew that I was no artist and I did not want to shame myself with my art. Next, I pulled out a piece of paper to begin brain storming for ideas and topics that I could create a essay with of photos. I was stuck and I pulled out John Berger's book "Ways of Seeing", since I was leaning more with the photo essay. After studying and analyzing his photo chapter of the woman and how they nurture, I began to ask myself what was the main point and thread between all of the pictures. I then new his main point (nature) and all I could think of was life at that point and how nurture is a big part of life or should I say stage of life. I was excited and ready to take off on my new photo essay project. Meanwhile, the piece of paper I took out to brain storm on became my blueprint for my project. I created an outline of stages in life that a man and a woman would go through. I broke the stages down into subgroups and distributed words that would best describe the stage so that it would be easy to illustrate in a photo. for example, I start with darkness because without life leaves nothing and in darkness is nothing. Therefore, I found a picture of just darkness that illustrates the stage. I continued this process for every other stage. 1. Darkness2. Origin3. First breathe 4. Growth5. Fun6.Religion7. Experience8. Leisure9. Marriage10. Change11. Addition12. Nurture13. Labor14. Establishment15. Generation16. Retirement17. Wisdom18. Reborn19. Death20. Legacy21. Afterlife22.
Moving along, I then began to work on the powerpoint. It was not that hard as I thought it would have been. I enjoyed it and was able to be an artist and show my ideas. All thanks to John Berger who influenced me to choose a photo essay.

No comments: